The Spirits

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the spirit

Galatians 5: 22- 25


Every day you and I are faced with thousands of different choices, and opportunities that require us to respond in some way. Be it with do we do this assignment, quick and rushed to chat with friends or do I try and give it my all and take from it all I can? Do I be angry with the person behind me who won't stop tapping their pencil?  Or still, be nice to them? Do I make racial jokes? Do I stand up to the one who is making inappropriate comments? Do I bother so and so because of how they are dressed, the music they listen to, or what they posted on Instagram yesterday? Do I fight fire with fire? 


We are faced with all sorts of situations.  And St. Paul reminds us that if we call ourselves Christians, believers in God, we must constantly fight the negative spirit in our lives to choose the good. He reminds us that being a disciple means that in every part and situation of our lives we should always strive to choose, love, peace, joy, faithfulness, kindness, and generosity. What that means is that we have the spirit of God with us, and that means we should always choose to live by that spirit.  It means you and I have to work to always choose the good spirit and to turn down the parts in us that want to be judgemental, that wants to make fun, that want to be lazy.



Let us pray


Lord Jesus, help to always live by your spirit and to always choose the good spirit in life. Help me to always discern your will and to choose the right and just path.


Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

I Introduce to you, Jesus!