A New Beginning

It... has been a while. 


Globally we have experienced a global pandemic, and, here in Canada, have faced many challenges that arose from it. We have seen some civil unrest and some new beginnings in both the USA and Canada with supreme court decisions and a greater understanding of our Canadian past. In Canada, we look forward to the visit from Pope Francis later this month. It is an exciting and challenging time, to say the least, to be a catholic in this world. 

That is what has brought me back here, to my blog I started long ago, and have had a desire to start up again. One such event that begin to reignite this passion for me was taking the Youth Minister position at a local school. This job has put me first hand at the cross roads of what the church teaches, what students actually  care about and think, and their sense of humour. With these new insights, I want to begin writing short posts, messages that I think are good for the students I serve, but also larger ideas for all of us, regardless of our age. Catholicism is larger than any one age group, culture, or time period but refocusing the ideas, culture, thoughts of a particular age group, and society again through the eyes of Catholicism  is fruitful and can bring us closer to God. 

In short, my goal here is to write out the messages and themes I want to make clear to the next generation. These people are the bright, intelligent, free thinking individuals who are more than just rambunctious, trouble causing teenagers.

Come along the journey as I write on my experience and conversations with these young people and their approach to the world and towards God. I know I have learnt more about God, them and myself in the past year than any other year in my life. 


I hope you enjoy this new chapter of Pray To God Today, and I hope you will come along for the journey. As always, feel free to get in touch, leave a comment, or write a response. 


Mike 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

I Introduce to you, Jesus!

SALT