Skip to main content

Christ Living

" It is no longer I that live, But Christ that lives in me" Galatians  2:20

     As I walked through the halls of St Pauls College, the Catholic part of the university I attend, I notice a painting that has many symbols that represent our province, our city, our college, the Christian and Jewish religion and more. For the first time walking in this part of the college, I was struck by the hidden gem I just found, and I began to stare at it and look at the symbols. Upon further inspection, the top of the painting says " It is no longer I that Live, But Christ that lives in me" Galatians 2:20. I was perplexed at why this verse, out of all verses was chosen for this unique painting. 

    I looked at it, and contemplated, why is this phrase on there, and I was confused, for a while until I thought of it literally: It is Christ that must live in me. 

    The last time I head this phrase was when I was in Poland for World Youth Day. It was a joke among a couple of us, that because of the immensity of the experience we were all getting overwhelmed and exhausted, that we began to quote Paul in saying, " It is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me" because we felt so physically drained, that the only thing keeping us going was Christ, living and working within us; allowing us to experience what each of us needed to experience in those moments. 

    As I stared at this painting, this thought came back to me, and thought how as a Catholic, it is my challenge to continually allow Christ to steer my life. It is so tempting for me to want to be in control, for me to want to steer my own life, however, especially when stress piles up and I get overwhelmed, it is Christ that carries me through. That it is Christ, the giver of life, who again and again pours his love and compassion into us, allowing us to continue to live, to move and breath to be able to see what and experience what he wants us to. 

    Right now, I am in a test and paper filled week and I have mid-terms and more papers due soon, and all this work piles up. But has a constant reminder, In my life I need to keep reminding my self that I don't know where I am suppose to go, but Christ does. Christ knows where I need to go. He knows that path that will help me grow, improve my self and figure everything out. He knows that path will lead me down the valley of death, but will end up at the green pastures and a flowing river. 

    The daily struggle remains of allowing Christ take control, of emptying myself, as I felt in Poland, and allowing Christ to enter and truly and fully live in me. 

Displaying 20161004_131908.jpg
The Painting  at the College










Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter!
Follow us on Bloglovin’
Follow us of Networkedblogs
Click HERE to Go to the Pray Request Page
Click Here to go back Home
Send me an email at: praytogodtoday at gmail dot com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…