Skip to main content

Faith In God

     My One Word for 2013 is Faith.  Faith has such a deep meaning to me, connected to prayer, we must strive and work to continue to have Faith in Christ. I have not, necessarily,  have been following the things I had hoped to do, in my 'Year of Faith.' I haven't done the People posts, I haven't read the bible for the 365 bible reading since February... I haven't done much. I imagine, and soon hope to start these things!

    The writer of the Hebrews- most likely St.Paul but not certain who it is- tells us that "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11: 1)  My question then is what do we hope for? What are we certain of what we do not see?   


    When we pray, we hope that in our communication, God hears every word that we say. We hope that God will answer our prayer. Our Prayer of Faith. The best example of Faith, is praying. It fits the writers definition of faith. We hope that God is listening, and we are certain that he is there listening to us. God never lets a word go in one ear and out the other. He treasures every word like a mother treasures her children. 


     In the book of James, James says,Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray."  When we are confused and in a troublesome situation, the best thing to do is to pray. Prayer will guide us. Prayer, shows God that we give up our own will and welcome his. Though his will is not our's it's still better for us. Yes, we may go through trouble, but thats God's will. To make us stronger, to help us to grow in faith in him. 

     Faith is what keeps us going. It is the acknowledgment of God, and believing he is there. Prayer is the helper; our communication with God, is essential to live a faithful, and holy life. In Matthew 17:20 we hear Jesus saying, "...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move.Nothing will be impossible for you." When our faith, is small, Jesus will still hear us, and grant us peace, healing and whatever we ask for.  

     One of my newer favorite things- also my one of my aunts- comes from 1 Corinthians 10: 13, Which reads, "... God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you cannot handle" It is indeed, securing to know this. That God will never give us something we cannot handle. God only gives us things to strengthen us. He gives us these temptations, to rely on him, to give us a 'push' of Faith.


    "...It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace..." (Hebrews 13:9) Such a great event is it not? That we may be filled and strengthened by Grace. Grace which is  explained by St.Paul in the letter to the Ephesians saying, "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." Grace is the undeserved  forgiveness, love, kindness, and mercy that God shows all of us. For in Christ we are strengthened. Through the grace of God we are strengthened in Faith, Mind, Body, Soul and Spirit. 



     It is in Christ Jesus that we are helped and given life. It is in his belief that we are called his children. It is by our knee that bows to his name we are saved. For our recognition of Christ Jesus as Lord will save us. So let us not hate the Lord for his plan isn't our, but to love the Lord Jesus and to look at the great things He has done in our life. 

    I plan to indeed work harder to increase my faith. My new vision is to read a section of St.Paul's letters everyday. They are so interesting and helpful. I am not sure what else I will do. But for sure I will do something. I no longer have those questions: what do we hope for? What are we certain of what we do not see?   For I know that We hope the Lord Jesus is hearing our prayer and sending us his grace daily, and that we are certain that Christ Jesus, Our friend, brother is there looking after us. For my will, is never as good as God's, and it is my duty to let go of mine and trust God. Not to have hatred, but to believe that God, will guide us always. By Praying, to God, I show my Faith, and in Faith I grow by the Grace of God.  Praying is the best communication with God, and So we must to grow in the way of God!

Pray always for those whom have little Faith!





   

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed the Post, and enjoyed the Blog. If you have something you want to say, you are invited to leave a comment below! I love reading all the comment!

MIKE

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…