Skip to main content

Something New

Someone had recently given me an Ipod. It is an awesome gift which I'm always on, checking my messages, my fb, my twitter, or you may catch me playing a game of Paper Toss 2 every know and then. But needless to say it's a pretty cool item to have.

I must say having this Ipod is very convenient at times when I need to message a friend, or my parents. It is always useful for when I get bored. But at times it's also been bad, it has been distracting me from doing homework, or other important things.  I'm always checking my messages making sure there are none, or to busy responding to my friends.

God wants the same thing. God wants us to check his messages. Not through all these new technologies, or Ipods but through the course of our day. He sends these messages in our lives, to make our day better, to waken us up, to make us realize this or that. But, they don't come with and vibrate or noise when they happen. They are hidden. And it's our job to find them.


God is constantly sending us these messages, to call us to him. He messages us to remember him; to remember his will above all things. We are sent to preach. We are sent into the world to let them know of the message that God has planted inside of us.


Regardless of what the situation is, we must be strong in faith, be strong in what we preach. We must have Faith. Like Saint Paul on his many journey's proclaiming the word. He was prosecuted and whipped;  denied and thrown out of temples. However, he didn't care, he stood there and continued to preach. He proved that God will reign after all.

It is our job now to preach the message. To preach that message sent to us through the spirit. He has given each of us a mission, and through each of our missions we are to preach the Gospel. To preach the message that he sent us.

__________________

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed the Post, and enjoyed the Blog. If you have something you want to say, you are invited to leave a comment below! I love reading all the comment!

MIKE

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…