Skip to main content

God Is our Parent.

My Parents Love Me.
This is the best photo I could find for parents.

What is the job of a parent?  We know that parents feed their children, buy clothes for their backs, buy food, give them a house to live in, help their child while they are sick, and is ALWAYS there for support and GREAT advice. 

Yesterday, I was doing my part of the Five Minute Friday, visiting and commenting the person who linked up before me. While I was at this persons blog, I was amazed at how they used the word again. Now, most of their post was a story, but at the end they said, " God's "Again" is an encouragement. Like the parent teaching the toddler to walk"   I personally had to stop and think. At how true that statement was. I hadn't stopped to think about it like that before. 


So, It made me think. I always  knew that God was our parent, and that he could gave us unfailing love. But then I began to look deeper into this: " How Is God My Parent?" It made me think for the rest of the day. When ever I would see my parents I would always come up with something new, because certainly, I couldn't live without my parents and all that they do and have done for us. 


God Is our Parent. He is the greatest mother, that is there to give us the right support and he is the greatest Father training  us to do brand new things. Has the GREATEST parent, He is ALWAYS there to LOVE US! HE is always there to give us support, and lead us down the right path. 

But then we get into the question, " What is Love?" 

Dictionary.Com's answer is, " a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person." As Romantic as that answer is, it  doesn't fill my hunger for the answer. Love doesn't have a cap for just one other person, and by saying this I do not mean cheating. I mean, there are different types of Love. Some more serious than others. 

Then one could say that there is, "Conditional Love" Which is the love a parent give to a child if they get straight A's or they excel supremely in something. But, this doesn't solve my question.Since this doesn't answer my question, neither will Puppy Love, or  I want to know, "what is love"? 

One could also say, " Material Love"  Thats love for an object in which we have or don't. (envy I guess) But yet, this is breaking one of the commandments. How? God told us not to have any other God before him. When we love an object, we will do ANYTHING to protect it, which then make sit number one = A God. 

In many definitions, it will saying having Love for this or for that, but I want to solve, what is that love. But, then again, I don't think it can be solved. I think it's left to everyone to give it it's own definition. I could go on with different types of love. But none of them would fill my hunger. I'm not talking about the love between two people, I'm talking about the love between, family, and friends. Even the Love-hate relationship with your old Physics teacher. 


We, are the answer to Love. There really isn't an answer to what love is. A parents Love is just something that no one can fully explain, but we all have our own definition of Love.

 God is Love. Is Love is Greater than any parent. Why? Because his love is the encouraging kind, that is like a parent teaching a toddler to walk. 

God Is our Parent. 
_________________________








P.S I would LOVE to hear from you, and what YOUR definition of love is!
Leave it in the comments. Thank You God bless!


Comments

  1. God is love, and love is God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, thanks for linking up on Winsome Wednesday and I too agree with Denise, God is love and whenever we show Godly love, we show Christ to others.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I have, so I thought I would like up yesterday! I actually came across a quote yesterday, on a blog, that was part of Winsome Wednesday, It fits this perfectly! " “Live in such a way that those who don’t know God will come to know God because they know you!”~ Unknown. I think I might switch that into a post... Who knows?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed the Post, and enjoyed the Blog. If you have something you want to say, you are invited to leave a comment below! I love reading all the comment!

MIKE

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…