Skip to main content

Thank You God

Today, I am Linking up, and doing the 5 Minute Friday Post. Sadly, they are taking a break in December, so, I won't be having any posts here about 5 Minute Fridays.

GO!
When a child becomes old enough, we teach them manners. WE teach them to say, " Thank You" "Please" and "Your Welcome" We have always been taught to say those, and we will continue for the rest of our lives. 

Saying thank you means more when your older. We appreciate more. We learn to know, what to be thankful for. Everyday we probably say thank you a lot and not even realize that we say it. It has become more and more habitual, that we just say it. 


Last week, I taught my grade two's how to pray. So I used the Acronym, " PRAY" Which I told them meant, P= Praise him ( Thank Jesus) R= Rest in his arms A= Ask him and Y= Say YES To JESUS! I made sure that somewhere in there, it said Praise him, or Thank him. Cause we have so Much to thank God for, it's not even funny. 


All the items we use in our  daily lives, we need to thank God for. A Computer, a Key bored, A Bible, A House, A Camera, Some paper, A rosary, A job, Money to live, Food... I think you get the point. We really have to thank God for all of this. Well, for two reasons: 1) Because others don't have it and 2) Because God cared about us to give it to us. Now, i'm not saying God doesn't care about the person that doesn't have it, I'm saying, we are blessed to have them.

We are so lucky, to live in the countries we do. They all have there up's and downs. I know most of my viewers come from the United States, so does Lisa-jo ( i'm guessing that why she made it about thankfulness)  On the day of thanksgiving here in Canada, I made the promise/pledge to write posts on what i'm thankful for. And I kinda stopped that last week or so. I am going to continue with that, and to show what i'm really thankful for. 

Here is a list of the top 10 things i'm thankful for:


  1. My Faith ( Beilieveing in Jesus, For Jesus and God ECT) 
  2. My Family
  3. My friends
  4. My Church
  5. My House
  6. My Class that I teach
  7. An Education
  8. Enough Food
  9. Clean Water
  10. and a Guitar to play Music with 
Stop 

Comments

  1. You are so right...we are so overwhelmingly abundantly blessed beyond all measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael!

    I'm so glad you stopped by Fan the Flame so that I could come here and 'meet' you. I love your enthusiasm for the LORD and your faith and desire to seek Him. It's encouraging and contagious!

    My husband and I work with High School students here in Budapest, Hungary. English-speaking high school students come to work with us every summer...here's the link to check out the camp we help to run! http://speakoutstaff.wordpress.com/ Pray about it;) and invite others to as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed the Post, and enjoyed the Blog. If you have something you want to say, you are invited to leave a comment below! I love reading all the comment!

MIKE

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …