Skip to main content

Love

This past Saturday, I taught about Love. According to the booklet of course. It's important for kids, (in my opinion) to know what is love and how do we love others. Especially, in the society we have today filled with hate and evil, I LOVED this lesson.

So, the question on the cover said, " How Do I Love?" and as a teacher it had me thinking just as much as it had the kids thinking. How do I Love? How? I went into thought. I asked the kids name by name: Nothing. So then I went and explained how Love= caring. So I rephrased the question, " How Do I show I care for someone?" Then they came up with: Helping others, sharing their toys, giving hugs, and the simplest things to do is say, " I Love You" 

Then we continued, we turned the page, and opened it to, a page with a story called, " The Rabbit Food Fight" It was about a boy who had a wrap for lunch, and the other kids were making fun of it, and said he had rabbit food. That one kid had something different than the rest of them. And so all of the others kids except one made fun of him. And that one kid said, " Guys, you shouldn't be doing that, he is feeling left out, and upset, like I did when I had cancer" So, onto our list of how do I Love, is Standing up for someone. 

Then we started talking about "How do I love?" and, "Whom do I love?"  So, of course, we got the typical grade two young answers, Mom, Dad, little brother/sister, older brother, uncle ect. Then we continued to say how, we don't love our friends the same as we love our family. That is also when I stressed how Love= Caring.

I forget how, but by the end of the class we started to talk about the people on the East Coast. ( My prayers are with you) And we started telling them how a big bad sotrm is going through their. So then I said, " The Biggest way you can love somebody, is Pray for them- Ask God to be with them,  and help them in times of trial and difficulties.

This Prayer comes directly from them, their words, their theme, their work:

Dear God, 
We pray for those people effected by the storm.
We pray that they may food and not go hungry.
We pray for their safety, that they will be well.
We pray that we can share what we have with them. 

AMEN   

Now, I have a challenge FOR YOU! It will be on our Facebook page HERE! Please head over there and answer the challenge. 

I would like to make it into a blog post, only if enough people like the page. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …