Skip to main content

Teaching

      I woke up early on a Saturday morning, which is a very big surprise. I'm actually not very tired for waking up early, where I usually am. So, I started to think about my day. What will I be doing? Teaching, doing homework, talking to people, and eating. What could  be thankful for? Teaching? okay how can I be thankful for teaching, I mean it's a lot of work? 



    In every small and big thing you do in life there is something to be thankful for. Yes, teaching does require work, and preparation for a good class, and it does take my own time to work things out. But it's all worth it to me, because I am teaching little kids about the greatness and beauty of OUR God.  I often imagine it as this: I am there to teach. Now what will they get out of it? Well I don't know because i'm not the child. I have only planted the seeds in them to grow in the greatness of God.

     I have been fortunate enough to be able to teach the grade two class for two years ( this being my second) the preparation of First Penance and First Eucharist. I always love seeing the faces of learning and surprises when we teach them something new, and they realize that it is Jesus in the bread and that it's not bread anymore.  I love watching to see them work, and ask very good questions, ( I must say their are some really good questions) It makes me feel, that they are actually learning something. However, this class doesn't start until January.
This is the only photo I could find for Grade Two 

   This is my First official year, teaching grade two every Saturday at Catechism. After teaching kindergarten, for 4 years, I was "promoted" to grade two.  I really have to say, kindergarten was the hardest to teach. You couldn't explain anything into detail:  They would get confused. You had to have lots of crafts: Or they wouldn't pay attention. You couldn't read a long story to them;  they would loose attention, (even if you told them to put there "thinking caps" on) 


But I am thankful for a GREAT Grade two class to teach. They are a GREAT group of kids. Even if it is just 4 or 5, it gives me the chance to get to know them even more. It's a GREAT JOY to teach kids, and yes at times it is work, but at the end it is worth it. 


" I tell you the truth, unless you you change and become like a little children, 
you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 
Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child,
 is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." 

Matthew 18: 3-4 

Comments

  1. What a great blog you have here, Mike! I'm so glad I found it! Yes, it can be a challenge to teach young children, but it would seem that God has gifted you with a great love & ability for teaching His little ones. May God bless and inspire you as you continue your work for Him. ~Suzanne :) suzannedavisharden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed the Post, and enjoyed the Blog. If you have something you want to say, you are invited to leave a comment below! I love reading all the comment!

MIKE

Popular posts from this blog

Forgive... Not Seven times but Seventy Seven times

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Matthew 18:21-22 
It's very hard to forgive. Forgiveness is essential to our life here on earth. Jesus gave us the perfect example of forgiveness while he was on earth. Jesus loved us so much that he bore all our sins on the cross that goes before us. Every wrong we have done; every pain has become  A LOT LIGHTER because Jesus bore it before us.
Jesus is asked by his own, disciples, how many times should they forgive. Because they know that they have to forgive, and they know they everyone does wrong, but how much is enough? We need to draw a line right? No.
Jesus tells us that we shouldn't just forgive seven times. He told us to forgive 77 times. Or 77 X 7 times. Which is a more perfect number. Jesus told us that we must forgive has many times that someone does wrong. …

Feed My Sheep

During this Easter season we are given the opportunity to listen and reflect on the word of God from the Gospel of John. For the third and final time this weekend, we will hear a post-resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles. It is through these appearances that Christ proves his resurrection, dispels the darkness of doubt in his apostle’s mind, and commissions them to make known the love and joy of these events to the world.

The Gospel this weekend tells us that after the death and resurrection of Christ, the disciples have returned to fishing, as they once did before they followed Christ. These skilled fishermen do not catch anything all night, until a man comes on the shore of the beach and tells them to cast their net on the right side of the boat, and they catch an abundance of fish, that the net should have broke, but it did not. After they caught these fish, the apostles realized that it was the Lord, who has now called them a second time from their job of fishing to …

Fishers of Men

I have had the pleasure recently to start teaching again the First Penance and Eucharist at my Parish. It is always  a great time for me to know that I am laying the seeds of God in their heart and knowing that I am preparing them for a once-in-life-time event.  I love seeing the kids who are earnest to learn and who want to be there.

     In todays' Gospel, we are presented with an overview of Jesus life. Jesus does three distinctive things, that Matthew wraps up very quickly. He teaches, proclaims, and heals. These three unfold for us what we can expect from Jesus during his life time.  However, before he begins his own life and mission one thing had to happen- the Death of John the Baptist. John, we know, was the last of the Prophets and his main mission was to make sure people were finally ready for the King  to come. Jesus, therefore, couldn't start until the paths were made straight.

     Jesus mission on earth is the great light that has appeared in the darkness. In…